Saturday, February 17, 2007

I have had a week long session of disgust. I’m disgusted with the organic label, I am disgusted with the way of life in this country, I am disgusted with those of us who gripe and whine about the current money system in this country and the international bankers etc. but still participate with all they have, I was ranting away the other day in conversation with someone about how awful it is when I thought to myself. “Just shut up, you haven’t got a leg to stand on, you are the one financing it with the three bank accounts, all of which have more than a few dollars in them.” I am disgusted with people, I am disgusted with those of us who let organic agriculture become Walmartized to the point where Monsanto has an organic line. Yes, can you believe that! Monsanto! The words Monsanto and Organic don’t belong on the same page much less the same sentence! Everything is being Walmartized, big companies are merging to become even bigger companies and of course that means bigger control. Just the other day I heard that one of the banks that is holding some of my money just merged with two other banks. Since at least one of those is already a monster bank that would make this one a super monster bank. I have decided to opt out of yet one more thing and keep what little green paper I have right here with me instead of entrusting it to someone else who happens to be a big conglomerate that is not furthering my interests or the interests of God. It’s one little step out of many but I have to start somewhere.
Another thing I am disgusted with is how I see the internet becoming everybody’s life blood. I am talking from experience because there was a time not too long ago when it consumed me too, I would spend every available moment staring at the screen, and a lot of unavailable moments too! Hour after hour, and anytime I had a question the god of internet would have an answer. Google was the big god and Yahoo and MSN were smaller gods, though the big god Google almost always came through with the answer. False gods are just an imitation of the real, the real God, who created everything also provides everything. The internet god tries that too, and there isn’t much you can’t get online. But since it is by the fruits that we shall know them I see that the internet god is a god of filth and garbage hiding behind a façade of usefulness and harmless communication. Honestly, I would be in a self inflicted fix if I didn’t have my once or twice a week hour on the internet over at Kyle’s place with his two kids bugging me the whole time (they are great, I had no idea how much I would enjoy being an uncle). That amount of time leaves just enough to check emails, delete junk, read the good if I happen to get any, and sometimes there is enough time left over to type out a quick email myself and read one or two blogs before I take off for home. Now that I can’t run to the internet god in order to answer every question I have I have had to return to the good old fashioned book (anyone remember those?) to learn things and even to the true God for help and answers! Since he created everything I figure He would have the best answer on how to use it, fix it, build it or live with it.
You know, it could be worse. With everything on its road to walmartization there is still hope. You cannot walmartize God and you cannot walmartize His true creation. Sure they mess with it and build it into something it wasn’t (GMO’s for instance), but that will come back to haunt them, just wait and see! They can’t mess with God’s way and God’s plan and God’s knowledge and those who are under the umbrella of God’s protection. Isn’t that a comforting thought? Now, to just be sure we are living God’s way, working God’s plan, have God’s knowledge and are under His umbrella of protection! From experience (sadly), I believe evil is something that shows us how rotten it is to be out from the “Secret Place of The Most High” and it is there to direct us back to our Father. We have the choice to ignore the warning or to heed and take protection under the shadow of the Almighty. He is our only refuge and fortress and is the only place where we can truly put our trust. It is His truth that will be our protection and under that protection we will not be afraid, He protects from all evils, even man made ones. We will probably see thousands die miserably but with His protection it will not come near us because evil is the reward of the wicked. He will deliver us when we set our love upon Him and really know Him and when we call upon Him, He will answer us and be with us and save us. Need I say more?

1 comment:

Teri said...

I have internet at work, but no internet or phone at home (battery power too but that's another story.) I actually enjoy not being able to go online. I do tech support at work, so I can spend 8 hours a day at it if I want. I've always read books too.

The thing that concerns me though is that I've just been through a bit of ugliness at the local church. It's a tiny church and church politics hurt. I asked my good friend about it and found out that he's not speaking to his pastor, resigned his board position and sunday school class and sneaks out the door on Sundays. What is the church coming too??? In my case, I feel my pastor is in the right and that he is truly trying to do good work in our community. If we as Christians can't get along, what is the rest of the world coming to??