Thursday, December 14, 2006

He that is faithful...

Hello! I've been meaning to try this Blog thing for a while so I thought why not just do it instead of thinking about it! I enjoy writing, at least when I am inspired to do so, and this will hopefully give me the opportunity to write ideas I have, and share my thoughts on things.
I chose the title "He that is faithful..." as it is a special scripture verse for me, the whole thing reads; "He that is faithful in that which is least, is faithful also in much; and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much." Luke 16:10. Another word that could be used in place of faithful is trustworthy.
It's been quite a motivator for me to really work on being faithful and trustworthy in everything I do, Colossians 3:23 says "And whatsoever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men" Which seems reasonably plain to me. Now, don't get the idea that I am always faithful, far from it! But God is faithful (1 Corinthians 1:9) And since He is faithful shouldn't we do our best to follow Him?
I find that I am sometimes tempted to be less than faithful, like not doing something when I gave my word that I would, or perhaps taking a long time to do something I said I would do just because I am too lazy to get out and do it, or even doing a poor or half hearted job at something when I know I could do better. So, I am reminding myself as often as I possibly can "He that is faithful..." in as many ways as I can, like this Blog title! Every time I write in here I'll be reminded that I had better be faithful in what I write! Am I doing my best for God? Often not but as time passes I pray that will change for the better!
This train of thought began about 8 months ago when I was asked to give a talk at a Church camp I attended. I chose the topic of Stewardship which had been on my mind lately and the theme Bible verse was Luke 16:10. While preparing the talk I realized that I was really on to something and that I was being a terrible steward of what God had given me to do. After I gave the talk I decided I needed to make some changes and that has led to...well, a lot of changes! I've got a long way to go but I have started! And that is the important step.

As time goes on I hope to add the things I am learning from scripture to this blog and I hope there will be people interested in discussing it at least once in a while! Tips, ideas, opinions and thoughts are welcomed.

No comments: