Saturday, November 22, 2008

I had an interesting day yesterday. I should start out by mentioning that two years ago when the barn burned down I moved the horses to Jenifers place and shortly after that took my pony to my place. He was always very special and good with kids, he would test the limits with older children but little ones could climb all over him and he would be extra careful to keep them safe. I trained him from a baby and we rode all over the place in the mountains of Washington and over the prairies here in ND, he would climb stairs, open gates, could come in the house and behave himself (when Dad wasn't looking) pull a cart or drag logs, just an all around wonderful pony. When I brought him to my new place I tied him in the barn so he could get used to the place and the next day when I went out he was gone. I looked everywhere, talked to neighbors, placed ads on the radio and still never found a trace of him. I have been wanting to get another pony because I missed him and I happen to just like ponies so I decided to check out the final horse auction this year and see what I could find. I walked through the pens and was astounded to find my old pony there! He has been gone for two years! As soon as I walked near the pen he saw me and came running over, and of course I knew that whatever price he went for I was going to be the high bidder! I came out of there with 4 ponies and a burro, yes I am crazy but why not have them? I can pack with the burro when she grows up, she is so tiny now that I can carry her around easily, the other three can pull garden carts or something, there is a team and one other single guy for pulling alone, and of course I'll ride my old pony.
We've been taking the 4 wheelers out on the pond to slide on the ice and wow is that ever fun! Good driving training as well as a lot of entertainment, tonight we'll go out and start a fire on the ice to warm up over between doing spins and donuts at 50 miles per hour, hopefully someone can take pictures and I can post them here soon.

1 comment:

Carolj said...

Aw! That's so neat you found the pony at the auction. Wonder how she got there...: /