Friday, April 6, 2007
A couple more pictures
Here are a few more pictures, I'll keep the camera handy and probably post a bunch more soon, simply because I enjoy it and because I have been wanting to take enough pictures to keep a sort of photo record of the things I work on throughout the spring and summer so I can see the improvements next year. This picture is a rather dark one of the oil pressing system as it is right now. The two presses, and a tub of canola meal are about all that's really visible but it gives a general idea. I guess the filtering system is mostly visible.
Here's a better picture of just the presses. We run them on electric motors now so it's a lot quieter than when we had diesel engines! Kyle is pressing about 500 bushels of Canola (I think it is that much) for Paul Henderson right now. If you look carefully you can see the oil delivery pipe at the bottom of the picture, held in place with baling twine. The oil drains from the presses, through the pipe to...
This tank where it settles out the sludge. What you see on the oil that looks like particles is actually bubbles, and a little bit of straw that the cats pushed in!
Right now he is just pouring the meal into the second settling tub, but now that it is full, (as you can see) he will have to put it into the bin in another part of the building. There are two second settling tanks, which we will use when the oil is being filtered.
And last night when I was feeding the lambs I just decided to take this picture. This is the church I go to and this is the view from Kyle's yard, I zoomed in a little, the quality is terrible.
More to come another time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Chris,
Thanks so much for the picture of "Your" church. I love it and can just hear your piano playing in it on Sunday mornings. :)
Dawn
Hey Chris, Is there any plans to make fuel? How much oil will ya get from 500 bushels?
Guy
Nice pics! I like pic posts. ;-)
Vincent
Post a Comment